Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chip already announced in November of last year, but has been in today when it has lifted the veil on the details pertaining to this new SoC. One of the details that had not revealed was the number of cores had 835, although we knew that was manufactured as the first SoC built in architecture of 10nm.
We now know that the Snapdragon 835 is a chip octa – core, by which moves away from the quad-core that has the Snapdragon 820. We also know that the CPU cores are not part of the design of Qualcomm, but closer to the ARM. The funny thing is that the the 820 were completely custom Kryo kernels. In terms General, the 835 offers a yield a 20% greater and an improved efficiency energy of the 25%.
A Snapdragon with eight cores
Returning to the theme of them cores, Qualcomm not has dear indicate which are which uses the 835, instead of this is has referred to them same as a design “semi custom” Cryo 280 that makes to the 835 a chip different from what would be cut and paste a design ARM. Nor has entered into details about what makes your CPU semi custom, but you would think that we would be between low and high power cores.
Cores them high power are up to 2.45 GHz clock speed, while the cores of low power are left up to the 1.9 GHz. It has added some improvements in the chip and the change apparent to the process of manufacturing in 10nm. Qualcomm has announced that the 835 will be 20% faster than the 820, and that it will offer 25% more energy efficient than the same.
Is has added a new chip for the Wi-Fi that offers some gains of efficiency energy and support to 802. 11ad, a new DSP core, the new GPU Adreno 540 with a best performance graphic of the 25% and the support to HDR, a new codec of audio (DAC and amplifier), Bluetooth 5 with support native to aptX and aptX HD, and a new processor’s signal of images Spectra.
Efficiency and devices
General levels, all the nooks and crannies of the chip have been touched in the last generation of the processor from Qualcomm. And while the performance gains are not massive, improved energy efficiency is a great welcome, so it should help the pain which is a high-end device battery life.
Also is has announced the features of Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0, that in terms General offers an improved speed of load to a 20% more fast that the 3.0.
Qualcomm has announced that the Snapdragon 835 devices will appear in the first half of 2017, so smartphones announced in the first half of the year would have in their guts to this chip we shall detail their better news:
- CPU Kyro 280 with four cores of high performance up to 2.45 GHz and four efficient cores to a speed of 1.9 GHz
- A X16LTE Snapdragon modem integrated with download speeds support 16 LTE category of up to a gigabit per second, and rates of burden 13 LTE category of up to 150 megabits per second
- Integrated 2 × 2 11 ac MU with a 50 per cent reduction in size and up to a 60 percent reduction in energy consumption of Wi-Fi, when compared with the Snapdragon 820
- 802. 11ad Multi-gigabit Wi-Fi, which offers up to 4.6 Gigabit by second in its peak of speed
- The first Bluetooth 5 certified that offers up to 2 megabits by second in speed and a variety of features that allows new types of applications. Bluetooth, FM radio, wireless and RF offered through the solution WCN3990
- 540 Adreno GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.2 and Open CL 2.0 full, Vulkan DK12
- Hex 682 DSP with HVX
- Qualcomm All Ways Aware technology with support for API Google Awareness
- LP PDDR4x dual channel memory to 1866 MHz
- Location of Qualcomm with support for GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou, QZSS systems
- Up to 32 MP in unique settings and 16 MP dual camera with Qualcomm Spectra 180 PSI, 2 x ISP, 14-bit, hybrid autofocus (laser/contrast/structured light (dual phases AF detection), Qualcomm Clear Sight, optical zoom, acceleration detection for hardware of faces and HDR video recording
- Capture 4K Ultra HD at 30 fps, up to 4 K Ultra HD video playback video at 60 fps, support for H.264 (AVC) and H.265 (HEVC)
- Support for On-Device and External Display which includes Ultra Premium HD, 4K 60 fps, wide color gamut, 10-bit color depth support
- Quick Charge 4
- Qualcomm SecureMSM security platform
- Combined with support 835 Snapdragon Qualcomm Aqstic WCD9341 audio codec
- Manufactured in 10nm FinFET technology