Android Wear is the operating system designed by Google for smart watches. Since the first version was released in the year 2014, wasn’t until February of this year, after numerous delays, the search engine giant presented the new version of this OS wearable, Android Wear 2.0, which seems to have been a great success.
The ultimate Android Wear 2.0 is more independent is because it includes an own app store, improved notifications, a new application from Google Fit and also much smarter thanks to Google Assistant (only where available) and its complications. So, probably you’re wondering if you’ll get this updated and when. If so, you will today come out of doubts.
What smartwatches will get the Android Wear 2.0 update?
Although many smart watches will get the Android Wear 2.0 release, most of the first wave of devices will not be updated. Watches like the bike 360, LG G Watch or the Samsung Gear Live launched in 2014 are not configured to receive the update, as they have also been discarded the ASUS ZenWatch and Sony SmartWatch 3.
On the contrary, other later smartwatches that will receive Android Wear 2.0 in these times estimated to be (if known):
- Motorola Moto 360 (2nd generation), no date announced yet.
- Motorola Moto 360 Sport, no date announced yet.
- LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE, principles of may 2017
- New Balance RunIQ, April 14, 2017
- Huawei Watch, slowed down at the end of March.
- Ladies Huawei Watch, delayed at the end of March.
- ASUS ZenWatch 2, early in the second quarter of 2017
- ASUS ZenWatch 3, early in the second quarter of 2017
What smartwatches already have Android Wear 2.0?
Since its launch, Android Wear 2.0 has come to the following devices:
- LG Watch Urbane
- LG G Watch R
- LG Watch Sport
- LG clock style
- Polar M600
- Fossil Q Wander
- Fossil Q Marshall
- Fossil Q founder
- Michael Kors access Bradshaw Smartwatch
- Michael Kors access Dylan Smartwatch
- Nixon mission
- Tag Heuer Connected
- Casio Smart Watch outdoors (WSD-F10)
- Casio PRO TREK Smart (WSD-F20)
Some watches in the preceding list can have started to receive the update recently (like the LG Watch Urbane and G Watch R) and maybe that still not have spread to all devices, but you will have it available at any time, patience.