The new version 16.0 of Hangouts for Android is now available in the Play Store and update in the s devices for all those users who already use it. In addition to already typical “corrections of errors and performance improvements”, the update has eliminated some redundancies in the interface, mainly related to the way in which contacts are displayed.
The specific view of “Contacts” that shows all the contacts of a user is no longer available as such in Hangouts. Eliminated as a particular section of the interface, now is you can access a similar list from the screen of a new conversation.
In addition, with Hangouts 16.0, contacts no longer divide between “FAQ” and “Your contacts”; Now this new list divided the latter into contacts that have Hangouts, and those who do not have it, as well as inform when the user in question was connected last. Indicators scoring when the user was active for the last time remain.
New Hangouts interface style is also applied to the time in which users undertake a search for contacts and in general, the new organization makes something more difficult to send a message to someone who doesn’t have an account in this service of Google.
Hangouts 16.0 version is now available for free on the Google Play Store and these are its salient features:
Use Hangouts to communicate. Send SMS to your friends, talk to them for video calls or calls of voice and enters into a conversation with one person or group.
• Includes all your friends in chat rooms for up to 150 people.
• Express yourself better with posts by State, photos, maps, emojis, stickers and animated GIF.
• Converts conversations into a video call free in up to 10 friends.
• Calls to any number in the world (in addition, all calls to other users of Hangouts you leave free!).
• Connect your Google Voice account to integrate calls, SMS and voice mail.
• Communicate with your friends using iOS or Android platforms or the Web and synchronizes Web chats on all your devices.
• Send messages to your friends whenever you want, even if they are not connected.