The application formerly known as S Health now will be called Samsung Health and also, will allow to United States users can have access to physicians 24 hours a day 7 days a week, as announced in the “Unpackage” of the Galaxy S8 event held on March 29.
S health was born in Samsung Galaxy S3 and has evolved much since then from an app very unhelpful to another practice, can be really as it allows to have all the functions of monitoring health and physical activity on the smartphone.
Samsung Health: a physician available anytime
The event of the Samsung Galaxy S8 Unpackage revealed some important changes to this application of health designed by the South Korean company. First, maybe that has less importance, maybe S Health has come to be called Samsung Health and will come preinstalled on devices Galaxy S8.
But the most interesting novelty is that now allows United States users to chat online with a doctor 24 hours a day and seven days a week. This novelty was shown very fleeting way during the launch of the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus event and finally, is now available.
At the moment it’s a function limited only to United States and, although it is still too early to assess the success that can be from users, the truth is that it could prove to be the beginning of a breakthrough in telemedicine and tele assistance concerns.
Brian Reigh, editor of Android Authority, says the new feature built into Samsung Health online medical “is something that a country with a flawed health care system as the United States needs desperately, but also something that has had considerable difficulties to become a main feature”.
More news of the new Samsung Health for Android
The recently renamed Samsung Health is an application developed by the South Korean company for Android devices that “offers essential functions so you can keep your body healthy and fit. It will record and analyze your daily activities and habits to help you follow a proper diet and steer you toward a healthy lifestyle”.
With the Samsung Health application you will be able to:
- Add several physical exercise (walking, running, cycling, etc) and keep track of the activity in a just step through different monitors that has integrated.
- Register the various data of physical activity and nutrition and “create a pattern of balanced lifestyle”.
- Register your daily intake of food, caffeine, water…
- Track weight.
- Monitor sleep and stress.
- Record biometric data as “heart rate, blood pressure, blood glucose levels, the stress, the weight and the SpO₂ using integrated sensors and devices from third parties.”
Next to this important development, the recent update of Samsung Health has also brought users other new features that are described in the official file of the application:
- S Health name changed to Samsung Health.
- Ask an expert that allows you to make medical visits online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (only in United States).
- Six main types of health management devices were added to Accessories (including ACCU-CHEK).
- You can add a bookmark of custom pace that fits your goals and your level of performance.
- Improved user experience and bug fixes.
The new version of the app for Samsung Android, Samsung Health, health is now available in the Play Store free of charge, with its new name and new features and functions, and is compatible with terminals Android that have installed the version 4.4 or higher.
Download: Samsung Health (Free, Google Play) →
Do you often use the Samsung Health application? Do you think that it is an application of complete health and, above all, useful for you?